Monday, August 25, 2008

Jermtech Week Homage

For a truly great laugh, picture me in my mid-late 20s as a braided pony-tailed manager at Rax Roast Beef Restaurant and Jermtech as a high school age employee. Image us saying things like,

"Wouldn't you like some large fries with that?"

"I'm sorry, but we're all out of Horsey sauce."

Ah the good ol' days. Working fast food, closing down the store wizzing tortillas like Frisbees through the dining room, and talking about music. This is how we met and began talking music and later, church.

This is how I in fact got to Oakbrook. Jermtech came back to the restaurant and asked me to play drums in an outreach production @ IUK. And the rest, as they say, is history.

One day, two guys in a fast food restaurant talking smack. Another day, the same two guys trying to infect the world with Christ. But without the pony tail...

Love you Jermtech--HAPPY JERMTECH WEEK!!!