We've been talking in our church about the risk of sharing our faith. In a culture where more than ever, reality is up to the individual, espousing one way to heaven sounds like craziness. So there's a risk of being taken for a fool. There's also the risk of one way to heaven being true and the repercussions of that playing out. Regardless of what one believes, 100% of people will spend eternity somewhere.
With that in mind, here are 10 ways to take a risk as taught by Mark Malin via Tim Keller:
- Let people around you know you are a Christ follower.
- Ask friends about their faith, and just listen.
- Listen to your friends' problems and maybe offer to pray for them.
- Share your problems with others and how your faith helps.
- Give them a book to read.
- Share your story.
- Answer objections and questions.
- Invite them to a church event.
- Offer to read the Bible with them.
- Invite them to your small group.
Oakbrook Church gets together Sunday mornings at 9 & 11am. We love Jesus and all kinds of people.