Friday, February 27, 2009

Writing Guides

My good friend Mark shot me some good "writing tips" links this week that I'd like to pass along. (Then again sometimes I post things like this just for my own usability.) I found them simple, true, and some were very enlightening.

10 writing tips by Jennifer Weiner. This link came from Shauna Niequist's blog. And here are part 1 and part 2 of her tips.

Writing Rules by Mark Batterson. New author with a fresh voice and fresh spirit.

And here's "How to write a book" by Donald Miller.

The best book I've ever read on writing is Bird by Bird by Anne Lamott. I got the tip about her book from a seminar I was in by Ken Gire. His suggestion of her book did not disappoint. It's fabulous, witty, insightful, practical, fun to read. The kind of book that makes you feel sad when you've finished it. (Ugly cover, great book.)

I need to finish mine. The working title is Tattoos and Dirty Laundry. I got some good ideas from the links above.