Monday, November 17, 2008

What is it?


a.) Tea pot for one?

b.) Watering pot for an indoor herb garden?

c.) A neti pot?

It's c. I've had it for a few months now and I'm nutty for neti. Using a neti pot is a way to irrigate your sinuses.

By doing my "daily neti" I've gotten off Claritin. I seem to breathe better and likewise feel better. Here's a handy info page about neti.

And here's a girl demonstrating it on youtube; although she doesn't show putting in the sea salt and she doesn't do it long enough. For hours of bizarre fun just type in "neti pot demonstration" at youtube ;-)

I'm also finding it helps in this season of furnaces & car heaters drying out my nose.

I bought mine here but you can get them locally at the Sunspot Health Food Store. I will admit I initially thought a bit odd, but I'm hooked. Give it a try.