Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Help

Just got an email from my friend at the Kokomo Rescue Mission: their pipes burst in their warehouse and is flooding the area where the food is kept. Don't know if it's under control or they need help--their number is 765.456.3838. I'm sure prayer is appreciated.


A friend of mine in Oakbrook's singles ministry gave a ride home to a single mom & her kids the other day. He learned they were new in town and in need. My friend asked some of the singles ministry peeps and Sandra asked our small group peeps to do what they could. We didn't solve all of their problems but we definitely gave a decent sized cushion of food, household supplies and even some cash and gift cards.

I'm glad my friend was paying attention and gave us the opportunity to help. Let us all be on the lookout for the next opportunity.