Monday, January 16, 2012

Occupy the Y: wk 2 Begins

(If you missed the first post in this series, click here.)

It's Monday night and week 1 of 12 is in the record books. The good news is today's workout went pretty well. The elliptical machine kicks my butt, but Chad McCarter & I survived it.

So far I've learned a few things:
1. I'm in incredibly poor shape.
2. This is hard physically and mentally.
3. Dave's the loud one, Chad is the nice one & I'm the quiet one.
4. Nicole is very nice but I'm still nervous when she's there.
5. I left the C out of the YMCA...

I realized today that in our first week of working out it was just me versus the workout. I know God is in me, wants to be with me, and do life with me. But somehow last week I locked Him in my car during the workouts.

So today I tried to smuggle Him in. Here and there as I was gasping for breath, I tried to pray to Him. I'd asked Him to help me grow in strength mentally, physically, and spiritually. I prayed for our church staff and my family.

No long profound prayer time here; I mean I am seriously just struggling to stay in the game when we're there. But I found while praying on the treadmill today, the time seemed to go faster. Not that I was going any faster, mind you.

So as we start week 2, I am aware how mentally tough this is. And I am aware that God wants to go with me to the workouts w/Nicole and the other Hombres. Because clearly--He needs a good laugh too!

Thankful to be part of this. If you're so inclined and would like to pray for me in this, that would be great. If you're not so inclined, little dabs of encouragement do wonders.

If you want to follow us on the Twitters we're
@morgancafe
@GraphicsKing209 (Chad McCarter)
@DuBeeDuBeeDoo (Dave Dubois)

Peace my friends!
      --Morgan of the Tres Hombres